Paignton Zoo is now open to all guests.
We’ve worked hard to ensure that Paignton Zoo is a safe place to visit and have put the following measures in place for your safety.
Please don’t visit us if you, or a member of your household, are showing symptoms of coronavirus.
ticketing and entry
We will be limiting the number of guests per day, including Annual Pass holders and anyone who has a complimentary ticket. Entry will be permitted in half-hour slots through the day (this refers to your arrival time, not the length of your visit).
If you are buying new tickets or are an Annual Pass holder, please pre-book your tickets/time slot online here. You can only book up to two weeks in advance. All Under 3s and Carers must also be booked a space on a time slot.
**If you need to purchase a Carers ticket, you must contact us prior to making your time slot booking so that we can advise you further.** WE CANNOT TRANSFER ANY TIME SLOT BOOKINGS.
If you have a Childminder Pass, complimentary ticket, existing pre-paid ticket, Welcome Return or a Zooper ticket, please call 01803 697500 to book your time slot.
Paignton Zoo will be open from 10am to 6pm daily.
We will be open from 9am to 10am for Annual Pass sales/renewals and advance day ticket purchases, if you are unable to buy tickets on line. However, you will not be permitted entry to the zoo without a booked arrival time slot.
which exhibits are open or closed
Please see the table below to find out which of our exhibits are open and which remain closed for your safety.
|Exhibit||is it open?||is there a one-way system in operation?||Are the entry/exit doors open?|
|Bugs at Home||YES||YES||YES|
|Giant Tortoise House||NO||N/A||N/A|
|Reptile Tropics/Desert House||NO||N/A||N/A|
*Please note that Lemur Woods exhibit will be open, but the animals will NOT be free-roaming.
annual pass extensions
If you had a valid Annual Pass on 23rd March, it will re-start from 6th July. This means that the time that you have left on your Annual Pass will be automatically carried over from 6th July.
We were closed for 105 days. If your Annual Pass did not expire while we are closed, then your Annual Pass will be extended for 105 days.
If your Annual Pass expired over the duration of us being closed, then it will be extended for the amount of days from 23rd March that your Pass was valid until; for example, if your Pass expired on 19th April, you will have the days from 23rd March to 19th April added on to your Pass from the date that we re-open on 6th July.
new drop-off and pick up point
To enable us to maintain social distancing when queuing at the front entrance we have moved the drop-off and pick-up point. It will now be by the main gates as you enter the Turn Circle. Should extra assistance be required the please contact a member of staff who will be able to help and advise.
The following measures have been put in place to ensure your safety:
- Protective screening at contact points. This includes the Information Desk, admission desks, food outlets and shop
- Card payments are preferred
- Floor markings around the site including in the Main Entrance building, Island Restaurant and shop
- Hand sanitiser points around the zoo
- Regular cleaning will be carried out around the zoo
- Signage around the zoo to remind guests and staff of social distancing and handwashing guidelines
- Suggested one-way routes and lane markings around the site
- Outdoor play areas are open with social distancing signage and extra cleaning measures
- Some indoor exhibits remain closed
- Our indoor Jungle Fun play area remains closed
- No feeding times or keeper talks to prevent gathering of crowds
- The Jungle Express Railway remains closed
- No face painting
- The Island Restaurant will only be offering a takeaway service only. Other food outlets will be open around the zoo. Floor markings will be in place to manage queueing. Please click here for more information.
nhs test and trace
In order for the zoo to remain open, we will be putting the following measures in place until further notice:
- We are asking all guests, including Annual Pass holders to pre-book an entry time slot. This allows us to maintain safe distances between customers and to keep track of the number of people in the zoo at any one time.
- In order to help reduce the risk of a local outbreak of coronavirus, we are taking contact details for customers, as well as recording the time you visited the zoo.
- In line with guidance issued by the Department for Health and Social Care, we will keep your details for 21 days. We will share them with Test and Trace personnel, if asked, in the event of a fellow guest or staff member testing positive for coronavirus.
- Data will be handled according to GDPR, security and ethical standards at every stage of the process – from its collection and storage by us to its transfer and use by NHS Test and Trace. NHS Test and Trace will handle all data according to the highest ethical and security standards and it will be used only for NHS care, management, evaluation and research.
- If you do not want us to use your data for this purpose, please tell us by emailing [email protected].
- For more information about NHS Test and Trace, please visit: www.gov.uk/guidance/nhs-test-and-trace-how-it-works
Our cleaning staff will follow the social distancing guidance in all situations whilst servicing the toilets. Guests will be asked to observe social distancing and to use sanitiser prior to entering toilet and to thoroughly wash hands after.
The toilets will be closed to guests every hour for a thorough clean of the touch points and appropriate signage will be displayed for guests to explain this closure.
All washroom facilities will be well ventilated and the staff will ensure that windows are left open during the day. Where an assessment has highlighted that space is not adequate to maintain social distancing, some facilities within the toilets may be closed off.
We will still have First Aiders on site to be there in case anyone needs them. Please be assured that their safety whilst carrying out this vital service has been thoroughly thought through and planned.
They have all received extra training in how to deliver First Aid but maintain social distancing. When and where it is possible to do so, they will provide advice/instruction to the injured person or a member of their household to assist. Where that is not possible they will have the appropriate PPE and will keep the time with the injured person to an absolute minimum.
mobility scooter and wheelchair hire
You can still hire a mobility scooter or wheelchair once you have secured an arrival time slot. These should be pre-booked by calling 01803 697500 and they are thoroughly cleaned after every use.
We are very sorry, but animal experiences are currently suspended. Booking will resume when Government guidelines allow.
If you have a voucher for an experience, we will contact you when we are able to resume them.
the great big brick safari event
The Great Big Brick Safari will now run from Wednesday 5th August 2020 until Sunday 3rd January 2021. Click here for more details.
BE THE FIRST TO KNOW!
If you'd like to stay informed of new products, events and special offers then please join our mailing lists.SIGNUP HERE