Staying safe at the Zoo - Covid-19 measures
Please take a look at this page for all you need to know about our Covid-19 safety measures and staying safe during your zoo visit.
Paignton zoo is open...
All guests and Annual Pass holders are required to pre-book their tickets and an arrival time slot online in advance.
A small number of indoor areas remain closed due to their size and social distancing measures.
In line with Government guidelines, guests will need to keep to their group of six, unless your single household family 'bubble' has more than six people in it, when visiting any open indoor areas.
Please see our Updates page for booking information and the answers to any questions you may have.
In line with Government guidance, face coverings must be worn in ALL indoor buildings that are open, with an exception for children under the age of 11 or those with medical or other exemptions. We thank you for your cooperation with this.
nhs test and trace
The QR codes to register your visit on the NHS Test and Trace app will be available to scan at our main entrance building and catering outlets.
• In order to help reduce the risk of a local outbreak, we are taking contact details for all visitors over the age of 16 who visit one of our catering outlets, we do reserve the right to refuse entry to these outlets to anyone who will not scan the NHS QR code or supply us with their contact details.
• In line with guidance issued by the Department for Health and Social Care, we will keep your details for 21 days. We will share them with Test and Trace personnel, if asked, in the event of a fellow guest or staff member testing positive for coronavirus.
• Data will be handled according to GDPR, security and ethical standards at every stage of the process from its collection and storage by us to its transfer and use by NHS Test and Trace. NHS Test and Trace will handle all data and it will be used only for NHS care, management, evaluation and research.
• If you do not want us to use your data for this purpose, please tell us by emailing [email protected].
• For more information about NHS Test and Trace, please visit: www.gov.uk/guidance/nhs-test-and-trace-how-it-works.
covid safety measures at the zoo
The following measures have been put in place to ensure the safety of all visitors and staff:
• A small number of indoor areas remain closed - please see our Zoo Updates webpage for full information.
• Protective screening is in place at contact points - including the Information Desk, ticket desks, food outlets and gift shop.
• Card payments are preferred where possible.
• Signs in our car park to remind visitors to park ‘every other space’ allowing for appropriate social distancing upon arrival and departure.
• There are over 100 hand sanitiser points around the zoo.
• There are dozens of signage posters around the zoo to remind visitors and staff of social distancing and handwashing guidelines.
• Outdoor play areas are open with social distancing signage and extra cleaning measures.
• Our indoor Jungle Fun play area remains closed.
• Our face painting hut remains closed.
• In order to prevent crowds, we are unfortunately unable to run any animal feeding times or keeper talks.
• To enable social distancing when queuing at the main entrance, our drop-off and pick-up point is now by the main gates as you enter the turning circle. Should extra assistance be required then please contact a member of staff who will be able to advise.
• You can still hire mobility scooters and wheelchairs and the pre-booking of these remains essential. Once you have secured an arrival time slot, please call 01803 697500 to book a scooter/wheelchair. All mobility scooters and wheelchairs are thoroughly cleaned after every use, then left for 24 hours.
• Our cleaning team continue to work extremely hard to ensure all contact points are regularly sanitised throughout the day.
• All toilets and washroom facilities are cleaned at regular intervals throughout the day and all are well ventilated.
• Guests are asked to observe social distancing and to use sanitiser prior to and upon leaving toilets and to thoroughly wash their hands.
• Where any assessment of areas has highlighted that a space is not adequate to maintain social distancing, some facilities within these toilets may be closed.
Our team of First Aiders have received extra training on how to administer First Aid during these times. Social distancing will be maintained where possible. In the event that social distancing is not possible the team will wear the correct PPE in order to give the appropriate care.
We hope this explains all you need to know, however if you have any other questions our team are on hand to help, please call 01803 697500 or email us at [email protected].
BE THE FIRST TO KNOW!
If you'd like to stay informed of new products, events and special offers then please join our mailing lists.SIGNUP HERE