School from the Zoo
During the third lockdown while the zoo is closed, our Education team are going to create relevant video lessons for any teachers and home-schooling parents to use.
Keep your eyes peeled for a second online lesson coming your way soon..!
Our first 'School from the Zoo' lesson is on Habitats, aimed at KS2 pupils.
This lesson is around 15 minutes long with additional short tasks for children to complete.
Including: What is a habitat? How could we describe the habitats? Which habitats would the zoo animals inhabit in the wild, and how would that affect the way they live?
The Habitats (KS2) lesson went 'live' on Teams at 11am on 15th January and can now be watched in full below.
If you would like to support the zoo while we're closed, please take a look here.
Some handy tips for joining the Teams Habitats lesson:
- If you can, it is best to use a desktop device - Microsoft Teams does not always work smoothly with Apple products. Once the video stream has started, you will be able to make it full screen on Teams.
- You do not typically need a Teams account login to 'join' a video like this lesson, but you will need to have and be signed in to your own account if you wish to ask any questions on the chat feed.
- Join the above link in plenty of time so that none of the lesson is missed. As it's being broadcast 'live' from 11am, you won't be able to pause the lesson, but we'll be sharing the full video on this webpage and on our Youtube and Facebook channels later in the day. This means you can complete the video lesson at your own pace or at another time that suits you.
- Ensure you have the volume turned up/off mute.
- Please bear with us on the day - this is our first attempt at an online lesson and technological mishaps can sometimes happen, but we're hopeful that everything will run smoothly!
BE THE FIRST TO KNOW!
If you'd like to stay informed of new products, events and special offers then please join our mailing lists.SIGNUP HERE