- Our standard Terms of Entry apply. These may be subject to change without notice.
- By making an enquiry you agree to us contacting you regarding your booking.
- By making your booking, you are accepting that these terms and conditions form the basis of any contract between Paignton Zoo and yourself.
- School staff are responsible for the supervision of all students throughout their visit.
- Reduced education entry rates are offered to schools, colleges and other organisations that are for educational purposes, and must be booked in advance of the visit.
- Due to the nature of our business, things may happen beyond our control and we may need to cancel your visit or change the programme at short notice.
- You may be entitled to a Risk Assessment visit voucher. This is for use during the same term as your visit is booked, by school teaching staff only, and must be used with school photo ID.
- Instances of disruptive behaviour will be reported immediately and dealt with accordingly. Unfortunately, in extreme cases, this can lead to the whole school group being asked to leave the Zoo premises.
- Groups smaller than five paying guests will be required to make payment on arrival, by cash or card. Groups larger than this may be invoiced after your visit.
- Centenary offer: Free child places for home educators are only available on specified dates, for children aged 5 to 16 years inclusive. There are a limited number of free spaces per day.
- Any visits outside of these dates will be charged at the usual education rates: reduced price entry for home education is available for children aged 5–18 and during usual school hours: Monday to Friday, term-time with entry between 10am and 3pm.
- All adults will be charged an accompanying adult rate; maximum of one adult per child age 5–18.
- Standard day entry rates must be paid for any accompanying child aged 3 or 4 years of age, falling below the compulsory school age of 5 years, and any additional adults over the maximum of 1 adult per child 5–18 years.
- You will be required to make payment on arrival, by card or in cash.
- Standard Terms of Entry apply.
Centenary offer – Schools go free in ’23!
- Offer runs from 1 January 2023 to 31 Dec 2023, for entry Monday to Friday during school term time between 10am and 3pm
- Visits must be booked in advance
- Standard free adult:child ratios apply
- Offer is only available to OFSTED-registered organisations covering EYFS to KS4, or home educators on designated days (see additional T’s and C’s).
- Offer does not apply to bookings made by tour operators/3rd parties
- One visit per class per academic year
- There are a limited number of free spaces per day. Any bookings over this cap will be charged at the standard education rates. You will be informed of this and offered an alternative date first.
- Classroom sessions are subject to availability, at an additional charge. Most sessions restricted to Autumn and Spring term only
- All other terms relating to school visits still apply
- Our standard Terms of Entry apply. Please note that these are subject to change without notice.
- If you cancel or change your booking you will be charged a £10 administration fee. There will be no refund or cancellation within two weeks of your selected week.
- You will be entering working environments; from time to time things may happen beyond our control and we may need to change the programme at short notice.
- Behind the scenes can be muddy and messy so please dress appropriately. Suitable clothing includes full length trousers and a lightweight coat in case of rain. For your safety, closed toe shoes must be worn.
- There will be no cancellation or refund due to bad weather.
- Lunches are not provided.
- By making payment you agree to us contacting you regarding your booking. Registration forms need to be completed and returned at least two weeks prior to your booking to confirm your place, as it is a legal requirement we hold this information.
- To qualify for the Membership discount a child membership must be valid at the time of booking and at the time of your chosen week.
- Sibling discounts only apply to children from the same family.
- Children will need to be dropped off by an adult at 10am and collected at 4pm from the entrance building for a hand over with our Wild Week leaders.
- When you confirm your purchase, you are accepting that these terms and conditions form the basis of any contract between Paignton Zoo and yourself.