Zoo Keeper Experience
Join our keeping team and experience life as a zoo keeper.
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to find out what goes on behind the scenes at the Zoo? Well here's your chance!
Learn about life at the zoo and the animals that you will meet from the people that really know – Our keepers.
Get stuck into food preparation, feeding and even mucking out! Best of all spend time with some of the world's most endangered animals.
- Age limit: You must be 16 years or older to take part in this experience
- Length of experience: 4 hours
- Cost: £195
- Days: Tuesdays and Saturdays
Here's an idea of how your experience may run (subject to change):
- 9.00 a.m.: Arrive at the Zoo
- 9.15 a.m.: Join the keepers from the mammal department and begin your day
- 10.30 a.m.: Move on to meet with the keepers of the birds
- 11.45 .am.: Discover what it's like to be a reptile and amphibian keeper
- 12.30 p.m.: Experience zoo keeping with primates
- 1pm: Finish. A lunch voucher will be issued for our Island Restaurant.
During your experience you will have a tea break and once finished you'll be free to explore the zoo for the rest of the day.
To find out if an experience is available for a specific date, please call 01803 697508 before completing your booking.
Experiences must be booked at least a week in advance.
Please ensure you read the full terms and conditions.
BE THE FIRST TO KNOW!
If you'd like to stay informed of new products, events and special offers then please join our mailing lists.SIGNUP HERE