We're excited to be able to welcome educational and school groups to visit our wonderful animals again from April 2021.
To keep students and visitors safe, we have changed the way we handle educational group bookings.
Please make sure that you pre-book your group visit at least one week in advance, by emailing [email protected] or by calling 01803 697510. The best time to call is between 3pm and 4pm each week day.
- We will only be accepting educational bubbles from one school to visit the zoo per day for the time being.
- Each group will be met at our coach turning circle as they arrive, and given a short welcome and briefing with important instructions – this is delivered outdoors, allowing us to maintain social distance, and includes updates on recent zoo animal news!
- Pupils under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Please make sure that your educational bubble keeps a social distance of at least 2m from other guests – some of whom feel vulnerable. We have implemented one way systems on some narrow paths, and closed a few very confined spaces, to help with this.
- We can offer a lunch/break-out room for one educational bubble per day, free-of-charge – this is Hullabaloo, in the Education Centre. This room has a sink for handwashing, one separate toilet, and 5 tables of 6 seats.
- NEW! One of our education team will meet you to talk to pupils and answer any questions, either during your visit or as a video call to your classroom at a later date.
We have prepared new guidance on how to prepare a risk assessment for your visit, which is available on request.
BE THE FIRST TO KNOW!
If you'd like to stay informed of new products, events and special offers then please join our mailing lists.SIGNUP HERE