Terms & Conditions
We hope you enjoy your visit to Paignton Zoo. We hope the below terms & conditions help you understand our policies better. Please read these terms and conditions carefully.
This site is owned and operated by Paignton Zoo Environmental Park.
Please click on one of the below sections or scroll down.
1. General entry
2. day tickets
3. online tickets
4. welcome returns
5. annual pass
6. zooper tickets
7. childminder pass
8. Scooter hire
11. Adventure pass
12. Discovery Pass
13. SOS Club
14. Website usage
1. General entry
Please respect our animal's welfare and your safety by observing the below code of conduct.
- Barriers in the Zoo are for your own safety and for the welfare of the animals. Please do not step over any of the fences or bang on windows at exhibits.
- Please do not feed the animals as they all have carefully planned diets and other food may be harmful to them. (Duck food may be purchased from machines by the lake).
- For safety reasons we do not allow barbeques, balls or balloons in the park.
- The use of radios, scooters, rollerblades or skates is not permitted in the park.
- Heelys roller shoes must not be used as skates, but may be worn as shoes.
- Bicycles are not allowed within the Zoo. However there is a bike rack, please ask staff where to store bikes safely.
- Permission must be obtained for all filming and photography for commercial purposes.
- Children under 14 will not be admitted without an adult over the age of 18.
- Children under 14 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult at all times.
- No animals, other than fully trained Assistance Dogs, are allowed in the Zoo.
- There is no provision for left luggage but we do have lockers that you can use inside the main entrance (you will need £1 which is refundable).
- Do not leave valuables in your car. Lockers are available at the main entrance.
- If you wish to return to your car after entering the Zoo please get your hand stamped at gate 5 to regain entry for that day. If you do not have your hand stamped you could be refused re-entry.
- Parking at Morrisons Supermarket is at your own risk. Please note that Paignton Zoo is not affiliated in any way to Morrisons Supermarket. Morrisons has a strict Parking Policy and WILL enforce it.
- The use of drones and other flying objects is prohibited.
2. Day Tickets
- You must inform our Information Desk on the day should you have any pricing or ticketing issues.
- Student concessions require a valid Student, UNi-DAYS or NUS Card which is in date.
- Disabled concessions require proof of disability such as Blue Badge, PIP Documentation or DWP Award.
- We reserve the right to refuse entry.
- We reserve the right to eject a visitor should their behaviour be unacceptable or put another visitor at risk.
3. Online Tickets
- Online tickets are only valid for one visit within six months.
- When you confirm your purchase, you are accepting that these terms and conditions form the basis of any contract between Paignton Zoo and yourself.
- Prices are inclusive of any applicable taxes and there are no surcharges whatsoever. Once you have paid, we will not increase the price of your tickets.
- Prices displayed on the site are subject to change without notice.
- Unfortunately we cannot issue any refunds for cancellations.
4. Welcome Returns
- Paignton Zoo has terms of entry that apply to all visitors. Please refer to section 1 for more details.
- Welcome Returns can only be purchased on the day of visit.
- Welcome Returns cannot be extended.
- A full admissions receipt must be shown to qualify for the Welcome Returns offer.
- Lost tickets cannot be reissued.
- All Welcome Returns should be redeemed at the pre-paid ticket gate.
- Welcome Returns are valid for one visit only within 6 months from the date of purchase.
- Welcome Returns are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Additional concessional discounts cannot be used in conjunction with the Welcome Return offer.
- Welcome Returns cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- Only persons photographed at time of purchase can use tickets.
- All ticket enquiries must be made before the ticket expiry date.
5. Annual Pass
- When purchasing your Annual Pass online please allow 21 days for receipt of your Annual Pass pack.
- All benefits, are subject to change and may be withdrawn at any time.
- All three sites (Paignton Zoo, Living Coasts and Newquay Zoo) have individual terms of entry that apply to all visitors. Please refer to the website for the respective zoo site for details.
- An Annual Pass is valid for 12 months from the date of purchase, not from date of first visit and cannot be extended.
- Digital photographs will be taken and printed on to individual Annual Pass cards.
- Annual Pass cards are NOT TRANSFERABLE or refundable once purchased.
- Any Annual Pass found to be used fraudulently will be confiscated and not returned or refunded. We reserve the right to cancel an Annual Pass without refund, if an Annual Pass holder knowingly allows a third party to use their card.
- When visiting us please ensure you have your Annual Pass card with you. Only the person who is pictured and named on the front of the card can gain access to the Zoo.
- To take advantage of your Annual Pass holder discounts in the shop and restaurant just show your valid Annual Pass card prior to payment. Unfortunately discounts cannot be given without production of a valid Annual Pass card.
- An Annual Pass does not constitute a full paying adult or child, therefore cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers or discounts.
- Any lost, defaced or stolen cards will be cancelled and replaced at a nominal charge of £2 per card.
- If you move house, remember to tell us. This will ensure that you receive your renewal notice.
- Purchasing or renewing an annual pass with a disabled concession requires any of the following documents to be shown at time of purchase in order to qualify for the concession; Disability living allowance letter, Blue badge or P.I.P payment award documentation. Regrettably we are unable to process your concession without this.
- Free entry to other zoos - offers vary for each zoo from time to time, so please check with them before you visit.
- We reserve the right to close all or part of our zoos as necessary. Closures at short notice will be notified on our updates page.
- We will not tolerate physical or verbal threats towards its staff. Any Annual Pass holder behaving inappropriately will be denied access to, or be asked to leave the Zoo immediately. In these circumstances cancellation of an Annual Pass without refund may result.
6. Zooper tickets
- Paignton Zoo and Living Coasts each have individual terms of entry that apply to all visitors. Please refer to their website for full details.
- Zooper tickets must be purchased online prior to visits or on the day of the visit to either Paignton Zoo or Living Coasts. We cannot offer Zooper tickets after the day of initial entry.
- Zooper tickets are valid for one visit within 6 months from the date of purchase.
- Zooper tickets must be presented at the ticket desk to gain entry.
- Entry will be refused if the Zooper ticket is lost or defaced.
7. Childminder Pass
- The childminder pass is only to be used when the registered childminder is working and cannot be used on weekends.
- The pass cannot be used with your own family when you are not working.
- The childminder pass is valid for one adult, the named registered childminder, and up to 4 children in your care aged 0-12. Any extra children (0-15 years) or adults must pay the normal zoo entry rates. All children under your care must be accompanied at all times.
- This childminder pass cannot be used in conjunction with any other Zoo offers.
- Assistants will need to be Ofsted registered and must purchase their own pass.
- Paignton Zoo and Living Coasts have individual terms of entry that apply to all visitors. Please refer to their websites for details.
- Childminder Passes are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase, not from the date of your first visit and cannot be extended.
- A digital photograph will be taken and printed onto your individual pass. Childminder passes are not transferable or refundable once purchased.
- To take advantage of your Childminder Pass discounts in the shop and restaurant just show your Childminder Pass prior to payment. Unfortunately, discounts cannot be given without production of a valid Childminder Pass.
- A pass found to be used fraudulently will be confiscated and not returned or refunded. We reserve the right to cancel your childminder pass, without refund, if a pass holder knowingly allows a third party to use their pass.
- Any lost, defaced or stolen passes will be cancelled and replaced at a nominal charge of £2 per card.
- If you move house or change email address, please update your details with us as soon as possible.
- We reserve the right to close all or part of our zoos as necessary. We will inform you of closures as soon as possible via our updates page on our websites.
- We will not tolerate physical or verbal threats towards our staff. Any pass holder behaving inappropriately will be denied access to, or asked to leave the zoo immediately. In these circumstances cancellation of your pass without refund may result.
8. Scooter Hire
Whilst using the hired equipment, you must:
- Keep your speed on the lowest setting indoors or down hills.
- Not leave the equipment unattended andremove the key if not in use.
- Only drive on suitable paths as identified on the free map provided.
- Return the hired equipment at least 15 minutes before the Zoo closes.
- Listen whilst undertaking the Safety Briefing and undertake an assessment prior to using the equipment.
- Report any faults, malfunctions immediately to a member of staff
- Advise us if you are involved in any incidents involving the equipment.
- Be responsible for your own action whilst using the equipment.
Whilst using the hired equipment, you must not:
- Turn sharply on bends or steep inclines.
- Let anyone other than yourself use it or allow any pillions or passengers (including children).
- Go on the areas identified as red on the disability access map.
- Drive in a manner that may put yourself or other visitors at risk.
- Please contact us within 2 months of placing your order if you have not received your adoption pack in the post. Any claims after the 2 month period cannot be honoured. Your complimentary ticket will not be valid until you have received your adoption pack.
- Please allow 28 days for delivery of your adoption pack. We cannot be held liable for any delivery delays following dispatch.
- We cannot guarantee your adoptee will be visible on the day you visit. Allow time to revisit the enclosure throughout the day to avoid disappointment.
- We aim to display adoption plaques as soon as possible but this may take up to 28 days.
- All adopted animals remain the property of our Zoos which reserve the right to move them to other establishments as may be necessary. Adopters will be notified of any such moves and offered the opportunity to transfer the adoption to another animal.
- All experiences must be booked and paid for at least one week in advance.
- If you cancel or change your experience within a week of it taking place you will be charged a £10 administration fee.
- All experiences are booked on a first come first served basis. Please do not assume your experience is booked until you have received your experience pack for the date stated, or you have had confirmation by telephone.
- You will be entering working environments; from time to time things may happen beyond our control and we may need to cancel your experience at short notice. If this happens you will be contacted via email or telephone at least 24 hours before your experience is due to take place. We recommend that you check your messages and emails before your visit in case we have contacted you.
- Minimum age limits apply to all experiences: Giraffe Experience and Giant Tortoise Experience - 8 years or over. Tapir Experience - 10 years or over. Rhino Experience, Keeper Experience, and Vet Experience - 16 years or over.
- For any children under the age of 16 or anyone requiring a carer, one adult is allowed entry behind the scenes for supervising purposes only.
- Full admission price must be paid for any guests including the supervising adult.
- Behind the scenes can be muddy and messy so please dress appropriately. Suitable clothing includes full length trousers and a lightweight coat in case of rain. For your safety closed toe shoes must be worn.
- Wheelchair access is only available with the Giraffe and Rhino Experiences.
- Paignton Zoo reserves the right to cancel your experience if you arrive more than 10 minutes late without prior agreement and unfortunately your experience can not be rescheduled.
11. Adventure pass
- Information coming soon.
12. discovery pass
- The Discovery Pass is offered to schools, colleges and other organisations that are for educational purposes and are Ofsted registered. All organisations must provide a valid Ofsted URN on application.
- The Discovery Pass is offered for the academic or financial year, valid for 12 months from either the 1st September and 1st April.
- A Discovery Pass is not refundable once purchased.
- The Discovery Pass allows free admission for students and staff for visits booked in advance via the Education Department.
- The Discovery Pass includes a number of free teaching sessions for students up to KS4, determined by your school/college roll number:
o Up to 125 – 4 free sessions
o Up to 200 – 6 free sessions
o Up to 300 – 8 free sessions
o 300 plus – 10 free sessions
o These sessions must be booked in advance and are subject to availability.
o These sessions must be selected from our normal range of titles.
o A 2-week cancellation policy applies to these sessions.
- Additional workshops can be booked at the current advertised cost.
- The Discovery Pass entitles up to two members of staff to visit free of charge ahead of the booked visit in order to carry out a full risk assessment.
- The Discovery Pass cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers or discounts.
- Where a physical pass card is issued, any lost, defaced or stolen cards will be cancelled and replaced at a nominal charge per card.
- We will not tolerate physical or verbal threats towards our staff. Any Discovery Pass holder behaving inappropriately will be denied access, or be asked to leave immediately. In these circumstances cancellation of the Discovery Pass, without refund, may result.
- We reserve the right to cancel a Discovery Pass, without refund, if it is used fraudulently used.
13. SOS club
- All benefits are subject to change and may be withdrawn at any time. When purchasing your membership please allow 21 days for receipt of your membership pack.
- Membership is valid for 12 months; the date will be clearly marked on the SOS Club membership card.
- SOS Club membership cards are NOT TRANSFERABLE to other organisations or refundable once purchased.
- Any membership cards found to be used fraudulently will be confiscated and not returned or refunded. We reserve the right to cancel a membership, without refund, if a member knowingly allows a third party to use their card.
- When visiting us please ensure you have your membership card with you. Only the person representing the company on the front of the card can gain access to the Zoo.
- To take advantage of your member discounts in the shops and restaurants just show your valid membership card prior to payment. Unfortunately discounts cannot be given without production of a valid SOS Club membership card.
- Membership does not constitute a full paying adult or child, therefore cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers or discounts, including experiences.
- You are unable to use the SOS membership cards to gain access to the Zoo for your children to attend educational visits. The SOS membership cards are for company use for staff or clients of the members.
- Any lost, defaced or stolen cards will be cancelled and replaced at a nominal charge of £5 per card. Please allow at least 21 days for SOS passes to be created or renewed.
- Should you wish to change your logo on your plaques you will need to make a donation of £30.
- You cannot gain access to any of our zoos without your SOS membership card. If you do not have your card with you, you will not be allowed entry to the zoo unless you pay the normal entrance price.
- We do not accept photocopies of membership cards.
- If you move offices or business location, remember to tell us. This will ensure that you receive notifications together with your renewal notice and other information about events.
- We reserve the right to close all or part of our Zoos as necessary. Closures at short notice will be notified on our website and via or social media.
- We will not tolerate physical or verbal threats towards its staff. Any Member behaving inappropriately will be denied access to, or be asked to leave the zoo immediately. In these circumstances cancellation of membership without refund may result.
- We are unable to look after SOS membership cards at any of our zoos for other members of staff to collect the next day or at a later date.
- Only businesses are allowed to become SOS Club members – we do not allow registered charities to join.
- If you have joined the SOS Club through Paignton Zoo or Living Coasts you will have a plaque on display at both zoos.
- If you have joined the SOS Club through Newquay Zoo you will only have your plaque up at Newquay Zoo.
- Your business will be listed on ALL three websites with a link to your business which helps your SEO as Google now sees that you are supporting three charities.
- Your SOS passes give you access to all our three zoos but not other zoos throughout the country.
14. Website usage
1. User obligation
- Use of this site constitutes your acknowledgement and acceptance of these Terms and Conditions, which take effect on the date on which you first use the site. By accessing, using and/or downloading materials from this site, you agree on your own behalf and on behalf of each entity and person on whose behalf you act to abide by the terms and conditions set forth below. Paignton Zoo Environmental Park reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changes online and it is your responsibility to refer to and comply with these terms on accessing the site. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions as modified.
- If these Terms and Conditions are not accepted in full, you do not have permission to access the contents of this site and therefore should cease using this site immediately.
2. Copyright and Other Intellectual Property
- The names, images and logos identifying Paignton Zoo Environmental Park, and associated organisations or third parties and their products and services are proprietary marks of Paignton Zoo Environmental Park, its associated companies and/or third parties.
- All copyright, trade marks and other intellectual property rights in this site (including the design, arrangement and look and feel) and all material or content supplied as part of the site shall remain at all times the property of Paignton Zoo Environmental Park. In accessing the Paignton Zoo Environmental Park site, you agree that you do so only for your own personal, non-commercial use. You may not agree to, permit or assist in any way any third party to commercially exploit or modify in any way the material or content without Paignton Zoo Environmental Park's prior written permission.
- The use of this site is only for lawful purposes, in a manner which does not infringe the rights of or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of this site by any third party. Such restriction or inhibition includes, but is not limited to, conduct which is defamatory, or which may harass, cause distress or inconvenience to any person and the transmission of obscene or offensive content or interruption of the normal flow of dialogue within this site.
4. Disclaimer/Limitation of Liability
- This site and the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons relating to www.paigntonzoo.org.uk, Paignton Zoo Environmental Park and/or any of its associated companies, products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided "AS IS" and on an "AS AVAILABLE" basis without any representation or endorsement being made and without warranty of any kind, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
- The information and other materials included on this site may contain inaccuracies and typographical errors. Paignton Zoo Environmental Park does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information and materials or the reliability of any statement or other information displayed or distributed through the site (including, without limitation, the information provided through the use of any software). You acknowledge that any reliance on any such statement or information shall be at your sole risk. Paignton Zoo Environmental Park reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to correct any errors or omissions in any part of the site and to make changes to the site and to the materials, products, programs, services or prices described in the site at any time without notice. In no event will the Zoo and/or third parties be liable for any damages including, but not limited to, indirect or consequential damages or any damages including, but not limited to, errors or omissions, indirect or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever arising from use, loss of use, data or profits, whether in action of contract, negligence or other action, arising out of or in connection with the use of the site. These exclusions do not apply to death or personal injury caused by Paignton Zoo Environmental Park negligence and only apply to the extent permitted by law.
- Paignton Zoo Environmental Park does not warrant that the functions contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free or that defects will be corrected or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs. Paignton Zoo Environmental Park does not represent the full functionality, accuracy or reliability of any material. Paignton Zoo Environmental Park may terminate, change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of this site, including the availability of any features of the site, at any time without notice or liability.
5. Paignton Zoo Environmental Park Products
- All products and services mentioned in this site are subject to availability and are available at the sole discretion of Paignton Zoo Environmental Park. Furthermore, all references to Paignton Zoo Environmental Park products and services are intended to apply only in the United Kingdom.
- You agree to indemnify and keep indemnified Paignton Zoo Environmental Park from and against all claims, damages, expenses, costs and liabilities arising in any manner from your entry to and use of the site other than in accordance with these terms and conditions.
7. Law and jurisdiction
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England. Disputes arising here from shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England. Any cause of action you may have with respect to your use of this site must be commenced within one (1) year after the claim or cause of action arises.
- If any of these Terms and Conditions should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the law of any state or country in which these Terms and Conditions are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that Term or Condition is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from that clause and the remaining terms and conditions shall survive and continue to be binding and enforceable.
- Paignton Zoo Environmental Park makes no representation that materials on this site are appropriate or available for use at other locations outside of the United Kingdom and access to them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. If you access this site from a location outside of the United Kingdom, you are responsible for compliance with all local laws.
By using our internet service, you hereby expressly acknowledge and agree that there are significant security, privacy and confidentiality risks inherent in accessing or transmitting information through the internet, whether the connection is facilitated through wired or wireless technology. Security issues include, without limitation, interception of transmissions, loss of data, and the introduction of viruses and other programs that can corrupt or damage your computer.
Accordingly, you agree that the owner and/or provider of this network (Paignton Zoo Environmental Park) is NOT liable for any interception or transmissions, computer worms or viruses, loss of data, file corruption, hacking or damage to your computer or other devices that result from the transmission or download of information or materials through the internet service provided.
Use of the wireless network is subject to the general restrictions outlined below. If abnormal, illegal, or unauthorized behaviour is detected, including heavy consumption of bandwidth, the network provider reserves the right to permanently disconnect the offending device from the wireless network.
EXAMPLES OF ILLEGAL USES
The following are representative examples only and do not comprise a comprehensive list of illegal uses:
- Spamming and invasion of privacy - Sending of unsolicited bulk and/or commercial messages over the Internet using the Service or using the Service for activities that invade another's privacy.
- Intellectual property right violations - Engaging in any activity that infringes or misappropriates the intellectual property rights of others, including patents, copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade secrets, or any other proprietary right of any third party.
- Accessing illegally or without authorization computers, accounts, equipment or networks belonging to another party, or attempting to penetrate/circumvent security measures of another system. This includes any activity that may be used as a precursor to an attempted system penetration, including, but not limited to, port scans, stealth scans, or other information gathering activity.
- The transfer of technology, software, or other materials in violation of applicable export laws and regulations.
- Export Control Violations.
- Using the Service in violation of applicable law and regulation, including, but not limited to, advertising, transmitting, or otherwise making available ponzi schemes, pyramid schemes, fraudulently charging credit cards, pirating software, or making fraudulent offers to sell or buy products, items, or services.
- Uttering threats, the distribution of pornographic materials to minors and child pornography.
EXAMPLES OF UNACCEPTABLE USES
The following are representative examples only and do not comprise a comprehensive list of unacceptable uses:
- High bandwidth operations, such as large file transfers and media sharing with peer-to-peer programs (i.e. torrents).
- Obscene or indecent speech or materials.
- Defamatory or abusive language.
- Using the Service to transmit, post, upload, or otherwise making available defamatory, harassing, abusive, or threatening material or language that encourages bodily harm, destruction of property or harasses another.
- Forging or misrepresenting message headers, whether in whole or in part, to mask the originator of the message.
- Distribution of Internet viruses, Trojan horses, or other destructive activities.
BE THE FIRST TO KNOW!
If you'd like to stay informed of new products, events and special offers then please join our mailing lists.SIGNUP HERE